Have you checked the new Official Facebook plugin for WordPress released by the social networking giant recently?
With 8% of the websites Powered by WordPress, website owners and bloggers were waiting eagerly for a Facebook Plugin with enhanced functionality from Facebook itself .
Now, with couple of clicks and without any coding knowledge, website owners can easily integrate their sites with Facebook. Apart from this Official release, there are more than 500 Facebook plugins available, both free and premium, but mostly with issues, which may pose an online threat of hacking.
Facebook engineer Matt Kelly has written on the Facebook blog:
Starting today, WordPress publishers can easily integrate Facebook features, such as social publishing and mentions, through the new Facebook for WordPress plugin. The plugin was built by Facebook engineers in collaboration with open source partners and makes it simple for anyone to make their WordPress site more social – no coding required. The plugin will also work on mobile and support internationalization.
Features of the new Facebook plugins –
1. When a blog post or page is published, it will appear either on the friends’ timeline or Facebook fan page or both, depending upon the preferred setting. A great flexibility for webmasters, for sure!
2. Like, Send, and Subscribe buttons can be enabled in a couple of clicks and are fully customizable.
3. Facebook Comments with full SEO support.
4. Open Graph Protocol integration.
5. Recommendations bar, which allows users to click to start getting recommendations, Like content, and add what they’re reading to Timeline as they go.
All of the above features can be easily enabled via the Widgets Settings Page. You can easily drag and drop widgets on to your sidebar and enable with few clicks.
You can download the plugin here.
If you have a WordPress Powered blog or business site, you should definitely leverage your Facebook presence with this Official plugin.