Favicon = Favorites + Icon . Favicon is just like a signature of your blog. It’s a 16 x16 px square, graphic icon displayed by the browsers in the URL bars or on tabs to visually identify a particular website or blog. When users bookmark a website, the favicon helps visual identification of that site.
The 16 x16 px graphic icon is shaved as favicon.ico in the root directory of your server.
Create a favicon
1. First of all, you need an image ( any size ).
3. Upload your image by clicking the ” Browse ” button then click the ” Generate Favicon ” button.
4. You will be presented with a link to download the .ico file. Download and save the .ico file on your desktop.
5. Upload the favicon to your media library of your blog by clicking on the ” Add New ” under the ” Media ” tab.
5. Now install and activate a WordPress plugin called ” Personal Favicon “.
6. Under the ” Setting ” tab( Your WordPress Blog dashboard )click on ” Personal favicon ” and copy/paste the image URL from your media library on the ” Personal Favicon URL ” field.
7. Choose where to apply the favicon : Blog or Admin or Blog & Admin.
8. Click on ” Update “.
Voila, you are done ! Clear your browser’s cache, visit your blog and see your favicon !